Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Can not install - workstation components on Longhorn x86 or x64

Is Katmai supported on Longhorn? I tried both x64 and x86 (development edition) on Longhorn x64 and x86 versions respectively. The workstation components get errors and rolled back. Any fix?

I want to try Lognhorn, Katmai, Orcas, Biztalk R2 (on 32-bit platform first) and then x64. Can someone recommend what stacks are tried/supported ?

(Pingala@.discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > Is Katmai supported on Longhorn? I tried both x64 and x86 (development > edition) on Longhorn x64 and x86 versions respectively. The workstation > components get errors and rolled back. Any fix? The Readme says that Katmai runs on Win2003 SP1 x86/x64 and WinXP SP2 x86/x64. It's silent on Vista, Longhorn and Windows 2000. But I can answer the latter: it does not run on Win2000. I've tried. I guess that if you want to run Katmai on Longhorn, that you will have to wait for a later CTP. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@.sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/books.mspx|||

Actually, I postponed x64 tests.

On x86 Longhorn (w2k8), I was successful with Katmai when I installed a) .NET Framework 3.5 and b) windows update.

I also installed Orcas CTP and BizTalk 2006 R2 CTP. However, I did not see the Biztalk projects in VS. I am wondering why. I have to check with Biztalk forum.

|||

Has anyone been able to get reporting services for Katmai running on Longhorn?

Thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment