Sunday, March 25, 2012

Can not create connection to data source

Hi there,
I've got Reporting services is installed on server 1 and sql server &
analysis services installed on server2. I've published my reports on server1.
When i try to view my reports from report manager i get error msg "Can not
create connection to data source". I've got four reports. Three are based on
cubes and one on sql databases. The one with sql database works fine but any
reports with olap db just doesn't work.
Can anyone help please? I'm trying to fix this for a while but can't get it
working.
Your help is appreciated..
--
Regards,
VivekHi there,
Just to add some more info..i'm using sql2000.
--
Regards,
Vivek
"Vivek" wrote:
> Hi there,
> I've got Reporting services is installed on server 1 and sql server &
> analysis services installed on server2. I've published my reports on server1.
> When i try to view my reports from report manager i get error msg "Can not
> create connection to data source". I've got four reports. Three are based on
> cubes and one on sql databases. The one with sql database works fine but any
> reports with olap db just doesn't work.
> Can anyone help please? I'm trying to fix this for a while but can't get it
> working.
> Your help is appreciated..
> --
> Regards,
> Vivek|||I have a simular setup as you and am running into the same issues. ServerA
SSRS 2005, ServerB SQL Server 2000 with Analysis Services. Reports built
from SQL Server databases are able to be displayed, reports built from AS
give error 'Cannot create a connection to data source <InventoryCube>'. I've
tried changing security settings on the data souce with in report manager
with out any luck. Data source is currently set to 'Windows Integrated
Security'
"Vivek" wrote:
> Hi there,
> Just to add some more info..i'm using sql2000.
> --
> Regards,
> Vivek
>
> "Vivek" wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I've got Reporting services is installed on server 1 and sql server &
> > analysis services installed on server2. I've published my reports on server1.
> > When i try to view my reports from report manager i get error msg "Can not
> > create connection to data source". I've got four reports. Three are based on
> > cubes and one on sql databases. The one with sql database works fine but any
> > reports with olap db just doesn't work.
> >
> > Can anyone help please? I'm trying to fix this for a while but can't get it
> > working.
> >
> > Your help is appreciated..
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Vivek

No comments:

Post a Comment