Sunday, March 25, 2012

Can not Create a DSN

I am trying to create a new System DSN but when I get to the part where it
reads" How should SQL Server verify the authenticity of the login ID?" I
select the second option: "With SQL Server authentication...." Then on the
bottom part I enter a username and password. When I click on NEXT, it
fails telling me it's not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
I don't use SQL that much, so I am a bit lost.
Can you give me some ideas? Or at least a link to somewhere where I can
find out on my own'
ThanksHi,
Check if you SQL Server is supporting authentication of SQL users.
It should be set to use "SQL Server and Windows authentication mode". You
can set that in server properties.
--
Danijel Novak
"Johnfli" <john@.ivhs.us> wrote in message
news:uUbzupFHGHA.1628@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>I am trying to create a new System DSN but when I get to the part where it
>reads" How should SQL Server verify the authenticity of the login ID?" I
>select the second option: "With SQL Server authentication...." Then on
>the bottom part I enter a username and password. When I click on NEXT, it
>fails telling me it's not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
> I don't use SQL that much, so I am a bit lost.
> Can you give me some ideas? Or at least a link to somewhere where I can
> find out on my own'
> Thanks
>

No comments:

Post a Comment