Sunday, March 25, 2012

Can not create a connection to Oracle data source when report is processing

hello,

I am getting following error message when I try to view a report from reporting services. The report runs fine but after while i get the following error message. The error message will go away if i open the report manage from the server and run the report once. The report will run fine for a while from anywhere but afterwhile i get following error message.

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Get Online Help

Cannot create a connection to data source 'OracleConnProc'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)

Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12154

can someone please help me.

Most likely there is a problem with the file system permissions of your Oracle client installation on the report server machine. The file system permissions probably prevent the account configured to run the RS Web Service to load certain Oracle client configuration files.

Have you looked at the following KB article? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870668

-- Robert

|||

Hello Robert,

I followed steps from your suggested article. I am still having same problem, but at the same time I could not verify my changes as suggested in the article.

Note To verify the configured account for the Reporting Services Web Service, you can open the RSReportServer.config file. You will find informaiton that is similar to the following:

<WebServiceAccount>NT Authority\NetworkService</WebServiceAccount>

I was thinking to reinstall oracle client on my reporting server, but please let me know if you have any other suggestion.

Thanks,

Vimal

No comments:

Post a Comment