Sunday, March 25, 2012

Can not create views, tables etc * URGENT*

Hi,

I am not getting option as 'new view' and 'new table' when I right
click on
views and tables option in VisualStudio.net IDE server explorer
sqlservers database to create new objects.

Looks like some setup issue in my database.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rgds
CVCV (chaitu_m7@.yahoo.co.in) writes:
> I am not getting option as 'new view' and 'new table' when I right
> click on
> views and tables option in VisualStudio.net IDE server explorer
> sqlservers database to create new objects.
> Looks like some setup issue in my database.

Does this happen in every database, including tempdb? How do you connect
to the server? I don't use VS .Net to access SQL Server normally, so I
don't have much idea what it could be, but one possibility is that the
you don't have rights to create new objects in the database in question.

Personally, I prefer to use Query Analyzer to create tables, using
the CREATE TABLE statement, and this is also what I recommend in general.
In the long run, you are more effective with this than using a graphic
tool. Also, this is the only option if you want to put you tables under
source control - which you should.

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, sommar@.algonet.se

Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techin.../2000/books.aspsql

No comments:

Post a Comment