Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Can not find installable ISAM

Installed Office 2007 and I am trying to develop an import by developing a Integration Project. If I use SQL2005 to import the data to create the table or I try to develop the Integration Project I keep getting a Can not find installable ISAM. I have tried to update the MDAC but either the SP is not supported in XP SP2 or it would do anything since there is a later version already installed. This is the same when I try and install / update the Jet database engine.(4.0). Does anyone have a clue, the only thing I can find info on is Access and other db's. This appears to be a product issue but which one I don't know.i have been battling this same issue only i'm trying to import an excel spreadsheet in ssis. if you find anything, please do post here. i'll do the same.|||Have you tried using the ACE provider instead of Jet? For more info, look up the Office 2007 Connectivity article in the Connectivity post in the beginning of this forum.|||If you are trying to import from Excel, there is a source adapter called Data Defractor. It's far more adaptive that using Jet. If you Excel is basically a CSV, then Jet will suffice but anything more complex....

It does a great job of importing from Excel. See www.dataDefractor.com for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment