Tuesday, March 27, 2012

can not generate SSPI Context

Hello everybody
I have a VB6 app using Trusted Connection to a SQL Server 2000.
This application can also run when creating a VPN Connection and using a
TCP/IP Connectionstring
I upgrade my MDAC installation (2.8) and now when I tried to run my app over
VPN, I obtain: "cannot generate SSPI Context"
It runs without problem in LAN using Trusted but not anymore over VPN.
Can anyone help me ?!?Try switching the protocol using the Client Network Utility to Named Pipes.
See if the problem goes away.
Instead of using your vb app, you can test with the following command line
tool.
-To test Named Pipes
ISQL -Snp:ServerNameHere -E -Q"select @.@.version"
-To test TCP/IP
ISQL -Stcp:ServerNameHere -E -Q"select @.@.version"
Thanks,
Kevin McDonnell
Microsoft Corporation
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.|||Hello
i don't want to use name pipes because i want to supply an access over
internet.
My connectionstring look likes
.Properties("Network address").value = "MyPublicIPAdress"
.Provider = "sqloledb"
.ConnectionTimeout = 15
.CommandTimeout = 300
.CursorLocation = adUseClient
.Properties("Application Name") = "MyApp"
.Properties("Network Library").value = "DBMSSOCN"
.Properties("Integrated Security").value = "SSPI"
I made a few others Test:
*I try to configure (via cliconfg.exe) the SQL access from my client: I set
"Enabled protocols" only to TCP/IP
I didn't sove my problems.
* I make a Rollback of MDAC 2.8 (dasetup -u), It rollbacks to MDAC 2.7 (the
one supplies with XP) -> It RUNS again;
Is there any know bugs in the MDAC 2.8 when accessing a SQL Server with
TCP/IP and in a Trusted Mode ?!?
"Kevin McDonnell [MSFT]" <kevmc@.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:qaI9eeCPEHA.304@.cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl...
> Try switching the protocol using the Client Network Utility to Named
Pipes.
> See if the problem goes away.
> Instead of using your vb app, you can test with the following command line
> tool.
> -To test Named Pipes
> ISQL -Snp:ServerNameHere -E -Q"select @.@.version"
> -To test TCP/IP
> ISQL -Stcp:ServerNameHere -E -Q"select @.@.version"
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin McDonnell
> Microsoft Corporation
> This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>
>|||One of the goals of MDAC 2.8 was to tighten security .
SSPI (Security Support Provider Interface ) is used when you are using
Windows Authentication to connect to the SQL server. That is to say the
domain account of the interactive user trying to connect to SQL server is
used.
Sounds like the authentication token is lost or corrupted or something over
the VPN and SQL Server does not see the user as a valid domain account.
Here are some links that I hope help:
http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...kb;en-us;820761
http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...kb;en-us;814401
http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...kb;en-us;821373
Good luck,
Mike
"Chambonneau" <g.chambonneau@.castsoftware.com> wrote in message
news:ez6RRaBPEHA.3476@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hello everybody
> I have a VB6 app using Trusted Connection to a SQL Server 2000.
> This application can also run when creating a VPN Connection and using a
> TCP/IP Connectionstring
>
> I upgrade my MDAC installation (2.8) and now when I tried to run my app
over
> VPN, I obtain: "cannot generate SSPI Context"
> It runs without problem in LAN using Trusted but not anymore over VPN.
> Can anyone help me ?!?
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment