Tuesday, March 27, 2012

can not delete pagefile.sys

Hi Guys,

I don't know if this is the right place to post this issue. Please help.

I have done some tweaking and reconfigured pagefile of our server.

Previouly, the pagefile was distributed to different drives (6 drives in all).

Now, I stored the pagefile on a single drive. After doing this, I noticed that the pagefile from the other drives still exist and I can't delete them.

I want to delete this file on the other drives so I can free up some space but I couldn't. Please Help.

Thanks,

Larry

Larry,

Go into the pagefile settings and click on each drive that you don't want the pagefile on. On each drive, click the radio button that says No Pagefile and then click the Set button. Do this on each drive where you don't want a pagefile. After you're done reboot your server and then see if the pagefiles are still there, they shouldn't be.

No comments:

Post a Comment