Sunday, March 25, 2012

Can not create my Publisher

Hi,
I install Sql server 2000 on a server named JMI_SQL
After Installation we decide to rename the server JMI_SQL for SQL2007
I create a Distributor on the server SQLDIST2007
Once my distibutor created i try to create my Publisher on SQL2007 and I
receive this message
Error 18482 Could not connec to server SqlDIST2007 because JMI_SQL is not
defined as a remote Server
In the Wizard when I was creating my Publisher I select SQl2007 as Publisher
and the wizard is looking for JMI_SQL which the old name of the server
I try those commands in sql query analyser to get some information
select @.@.servername Show JMI_SQL
SELECT srvname, srvid
FROM sysservers
Show this
ADAMM_DB1
BESERVER_DB2
CATALOG_DB3
JMI_SQL0
repl_distributor 4
In the tables master.sysservers I try to Change manually all the JMI_SQL for
SQL2007 Sql server dont let me change it
Is there a way that I can change the JMI_SQL for SQL2007 in the sysservers
table
I would like to avoid to uninstall and reinstall Sql Server 2000
Before trying to do something I would like to have an advise from
experimented person on how to do that.
Thanks in advance and have a nice day!
Hi Gav,
Thanks a lot for the information
I appreciate very much !
Have a nice day
"Gav" wrote:

> Using Query Analyzer, execute the following:
> Use master
> go
> sp_dropserver 'JMI_SQL', droplogins
> go
> sp_addserver 'SQL2007', LOCAL
> go
> After you have done this make sure you restart the SQL service or restart
> your computer (whichever you fancy!) and that should do it
> Regards
> Gav
> "GC" <GC@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:65162A3C-16DB-43C1-884D-601056BEFAF8@.microsoft.com...
>
>
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment