Sunday, March 25, 2012

Can not delet a publication in SQL server 2005: The publication does not exist [SQL server error

Hi, everyone,

I am new in SQL server 2005. I had setup SQL server 2005 P2P replication. Somehow it did not work one of two way replication. I tried to delete the publication. However I could not do it. have the same problem. When I tried to delete the publication, I got the publication " " does not exist.[SQL server error: 20026]. I tried to use sp_droppublication, it gave me error "the database is not enabled for publication". Nevertheless, I can see the publication in MS SQL Management Studio and Publication monitor with OK status. I could not find the distribution database either.

Could you anyone has ideas to delete this publication? I am sorry I am not a programmer. Please give me more detail explanation if you can. Thanks.

Vincent,

Try sp_droppublication @.publication='publicationName', @.ignore_distributor = 1

If the publisher cannot contact the Distributor, it won't drop the publication. Had the same problem. This worked for me.

-Dan

|||

Hi, Vincent, I think that the database missed the reference tha its a publicator os objects.

Did you recentely made a restore of your database?

If dan`s sugest didnt work, try to verify if your database is enabed to publication(sp_dboption [database]) if publication is not enable do this:

* sp_dboption [database],'publication',true

* sp_droppublication @.publication

No comments:

Post a Comment