Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Can not delete FT catalog, why?

I have a large db and some large FT catalogs.
When I try to delete ftcatalog I see msg: "Server can not obtain LOCKS ..."
Why this message?
Its my test-server and no any users.
SQL Server used AWE and 5G from 8G.
Thanks.
Do you have a population currently running or are you using change tracking?
If so you will have to stop the population or disable change tracking to
remove the catalogs. Normally you will not have to do this, but underload
you may experience locking while trying to do this.
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com
"Oleg Cherkasenko" <oleg@.opel.com.ua> wrote in message
news:edv%23rO0GFHA.3244@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> I have a large db and some large FT catalogs.
> When I try to delete ftcatalog I see msg: "Server can not obtain LOCKS
...."
> Why this message?
> Its my test-server and no any users.
> SQL Server used AWE and 5G from 8G.
>
> Thanks.
>
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment