Sunday, March 25, 2012

Can not debug component?

Who can help me?

I defined project properties:

Start action--start external program : dtexec

Action options--command line arguments: /f ***.dtsx (using component which i debug)

Configuration: active(debug)

I specified breakpoint

after clicking build,dtexec can popup but then generate error:

The following modle was built either with optimizations enabled or without debug information

C:\winnt\assembly\GAC_MSIL\***\***.dll

To debug this module,change it's project configuration to debug mode.

I have no idea about this,and i can find my dll file in C:\winnt\assembly,but no GAC_MSIL folder

Who can help me? Thanks in advance

Sounds like your project is set to produce a release build. You should change the configuration to be a debug build. The assembly folder is a real folder, with sub-folders like GAC_MSIL, but they are obscured by the "Viewer" trhat you see. This can be disabled, but I don't think that is necessary. I assume the DLL it refers to is one of yours, and that is what needs to be a debug build.

|||

I'm sure it's debug option

Any other possible ? Thanks

|||

Hi Andrew,

i got the same error message as well.

did you find a resolution to this.?

i've cheked everything,

it's set to debug mode, bin folders are cheked, and all look fine.

|||not yet,so frastrating|||

is it version thing?

mine is RTM 9.00.1399.00,develop edition

whatever i will download sp1

|||

Can you load the Debug->Windows->Modules window and see from what location is your dll loaded?

Then make sure that the dll at that location is the debug one.

Hope this helps,
Ovidiu

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment