Tuesday, March 27, 2012

can not install MSDE

Hi
I have installed .net framework 1.1 and .net web matrix from 'sams teach yourself asp.net' CD. I installed MSDE from the same CD, its not giving any error, but at the end it does not promt to restart the computer, even after restarting I can not see the MSDE icon in the system tray, also I dont see MSDE in the add/remove programs in control panel.I installed sql2kdesksp3.exe from www.asp.net/msde/, but the same thing repeats.

1. Shld I install the sql2kasp3.exe(Analysis services companents) and sql2ksp3.exe(Databasre components) also?

I am new to asp,It will be helpful if somebody can tell me how to install MSDE.

ThanksHere are step-by-step instructions. Try going over them again in case the machine didn't install it properly:

http://www.asp.net/webmatrix/guidedtour/Appendices/installMsde.aspx|||Hii

I Installed MSDE via command line as given in tht site and there was no error but dint get tht MSDE icon in system tray.
I tried to install MSDE via batch file, there was no error, but when started the MSDE service, I couldnt see the "MSSQLSERVER", there is only MSSQLServiceASHelper, when clicked on it it gives the error as

"could not start the MSSQLServerADHelper service on Local Computer
eror2:The system cannot find the file specified"

Now wht shld I do??Can I download the missing file separately.I installed from the cd again and the same repeated.plzz tell me whtt I shld do now.
Thank You|||Yeah, follow the directions here to reinstall:
http://www.asp.net/msde/default.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1|||Hi
I tried by installing from tht site, to install it again it takes another 8 to 10hours as I use dialup connection.Cant I download the missing file separately?|||The files you point to are Service Pack 3 files for SQL Server 2000. You need this file to patch MSDE with SP3: Sql2kdesksp3.exe

Check out the SQL Server and MSDE Service Pack 3a update page:
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/downloads/2000/SP3.asp

You may be able to order on CD, or at least download the correct file.|||Thanks a lot for answering me, I am downloading it again from the given site, if the same problem repeates then I'll buy the Cd.
Does SQL server 2000 and MSDE work the same way?

Thank you.|||Pretty much. MSDE doesn't have all the high-end features that SQL Server has, nor does it have a graphical interface designer like Query Analyzer or Enterprise Manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment