Sunday, March 25, 2012

Can not create Maintenance Plan - getting error message

I just setup two new SQL 2005 Stnd x64bit servers for a customer. The
original two servers running the same SQL version have been running
fine for 3 weeks now. The mian production database is attached and SQL
seems to be working fine. When I try to create a new Maintenance Plan
or use the Maint Plan wizard, I get an error message.
The error message:
TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
--
The action you attempted to perform on a remote instance of SQL Server
has failed because the action requires a SQL Server component that is
not installed on the remote computer. To proceed, install SQL Server
2005 Management Tools on the remote computer, and then try again. For
more information, see "How to: Install SQL Server 2005 (Setup)" in SQL
Server 2005 Books Online, or find the article on MSDN at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=57083 . (ObjectExplorer)
For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=57083
----
--
I did run SCW on the new servers just like I did on the two original
servers.
Any thoughts? ThanksHi,
I get the exact same error - have you found a solution for your problem
yet?
My setup is a 2 node cluster with SQL 2005 SP1
Regards
Jon skrev:

> I just setup two new SQL 2005 Stnd x64bit servers for a customer. The
> original two servers running the same SQL version have been running
> fine for 3 weeks now. The mian production database is attached and SQL
> seems to be working fine. When I try to create a new Maintenance Plan
> or use the Maint Plan wizard, I get an error message.
> The error message:
> TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
> --
> The action you attempted to perform on a remote instance of SQL Server
> has failed because the action requires a SQL Server component that is
> not installed on the remote computer. To proceed, install SQL Server
> 2005 Management Tools on the remote computer, and then try again. For
> more information, see "How to: Install SQL Server 2005 (Setup)" in SQL
> Server 2005 Books Online, or find the article on MSDN at
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=57083 . (ObjectExplorer)
> For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=57083
> ----
--
> I did run SCW on the new servers just like I did on the two original
> servers.
> Any thoughts? Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment