Sunday, March 25, 2012

Can not debug component?

Who can help me?

I defined project properties:

Start action--start external program : dtexec

Action options--command line arguments: /f ***.dtsx (using component which i debug)

Configuration: active(debug)

I specified breakpoint

after clicking build,dtexec can popup but then generate error:

The following modle was built either with optimizations enabled or without debug information

C:\winnt\assembly\GAC_MSIL\***\***.dll

To debug this module,change it's project configuration to debug mode.

I have no idea about this,and i can find my dll file in C:\winnt\assembly,but no GAC_MSIL folder

Who can help me? Thanks in advance

Sounds like your project is set to produce a release build. You should change the configuration to be a debug build. The assembly folder is a real folder, with sub-folders like GAC_MSIL, but they are obscured by the "Viewer" trhat you see. This can be disabled, but I don't think that is necessary. I assume the DLL it refers to is one of yours, and that is what needs to be a debug build.

|||

I'm sure it's debug option

Any other possible ? Thanks

|||

Hi Andrew,

i got the same error message as well.

did you find a resolution to this.?

i've cheked everything,

it's set to debug mode, bin folders are cheked, and all look fine.

|||not yet,so frastrating|||

is it version thing?

mine is RTM 9.00.1399.00,develop edition

whatever i will download sp1

|||

Can you load the Debug->Windows->Modules window and see from what location is your dll loaded?

Then make sure that the dll at that location is the debug one.

Hope this helps,
Ovidiu

No comments:

Post a Comment